Race Day Info: Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run
The Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run is almost here!
Please review the information below. If you have any questions, you can always check out our Facebook page HERE or email us anytime at info@InspiredRaceEvents.com
- Event info: All activities will be hosted at Freetail Brewing’s production brewery and taproom at 2000 South Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78210
- Parking: There will be parking available next to the brewery and on the street nearby. Car pooling is always recommended!
- Race Day Registration: Registration is still available for $45 at InspiredRaceEvents.com through this Saturday. We will have race day registration available at packet pickup on Sunday for $50.
- Packet Pickup: Will be from 12pm – 1:45pm on race day, Sunday March 5th. When you arrive, walk through the taproom because we will be INSIDE THE BREWERY for packet pickup. You will get an awesome behind the scenes look at Freetail’s production brewery when you pick up your race bib and event shirt! Please bring your IDs.
- The 5k Run: Will start at 2pm. Before the event starts, everyone will get their first beer sample of the day. We are going to start the event off with a celebratory “CHEERS!” signaling the beginning of the run. Feel free to sprint, jog, walk or crawl because this 5k isn’t chip timed. After each lap, you will stop and get another sample of Freetail’s awesome craft beer. Try different types or stick to your favorites… whatever works best for you!
- The Course: Our looped course allows you to maximize time and scenery around the brewery… it also keeps you closer to the beer! The event starts by circling around the brewery, before running under I-37 and then you will loop back to the brewery on city streets. You will get a great view of the Alamodome and Tower of the Americas during the run! The brewery parking lot and the part of the course that runs under I-37 is a little bumpy, so please watch your footing!
- Aid Station: We will have a water aid station out on the course. The aid station will be underneath the bridge and will be easy to see.
- Finisher’s Award: All participants will receive a custom, logo event pint glass when they finish the 5k. Take the ticket that is inside the glass to the taproom and fill it up with your favorite beer from the run. Time to enjoy yourself after the 5k!
- Merchandise table: We will have Texas Beer Series growlers, koozies and shirts available to purchase before the event. Purchase a Texas Beer Series growler and have Freetail fill it up with your favorite beer (beer not included in growler purchase).
- Food Truck: We will have Benjie’s Munch Truck onsite. Bring your appetite and a few extra bucks!
Don’t forget that the Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run is only the first of SIX events that are making up the Texas Beer Series. You can sign up for more events at InspiredRaceEvents.com or on race day as well. If you sign up for all six, you will receive some extra swag: an additional Texas Beer Series finisher’s shirt AND finisher’s growler including a free fill up from Big Hops!