Race Day Info: Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run – 2/17/18
The Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run is almost here!
Registration is open through Friday, Feb 16th. Race day registration will be available during packet pickup too!
- Event info: All activities will be hosted at Freetail Brewing’s production brewery and taproom at 2000 South Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78210
- Parking: There will be parking available next to the brewery and on the street nearby. Car pooling is always recommended!
- Race Day Registration: Registration is still available for $45 at InspiredRaceEvents.com through this Friday. We will have race day registration available at packet pickup on Saturday for $45 as well.
- Packet Pickup: Will be from 12pm – 1:45pm on race day, Saturday April 17th. When you arrive, walk through the taproom because we will be INSIDE THE BREWERY for packet pickup. You will get an awesome behind the scenes look at Freetail’s production brewery when you pick up your race bib and event shirt!
- The 5k Run: Will start at 2pm. Before the event starts, everyone will get their first beer sample of the day. We are going to start the event off with a celebratory “CHEERS!” signaling the beginning of the run. Feel free to sprint, jog, walk or crawl because this 5k isn’t chip timed. After each lap, you will stop and get another sample of Freetail’s awesome craft beer. Try different types or stick to your favorites… whatever works best for you!
- The Course: Our looped course allows you to maximize time and scenery around the brewery… it also keeps you closer to the BEER! The event starts by circling around the brewery, then you will run underneath I-37, and finally you will loop back around to the brewery on city streets. You will get a great view of the Alamodome and Tower of the Americas during the run! The brewery parking lot and the part of the course that runs under I-37 is a little bumpy, so please watch your footing!
- The Beer: Freetail Brewing has some AMAZING beer! The beer we will have during the 5k beer run includes: Bat Outta Helles, Soul Doubt IPA, Conserveza, TexiCali Brown Ale and San Antonio Pale Ale. Something for everyone!
- The Root Beer: Since the Freetail Brewing 5k Beer Run is family friendly, we have the Root Beer Division as well! We will have water and root beer on the race course and craft root beer for the finishers of the Root Beer Run. Finishers will receive the same custom race event pint glass as a Finisher’s Award.
- Aid Station: We will have a water aid station out on the course. The aid station will be underneath the bridge and will be easy to see.
- Finisher’s Award: All participants will receive a custom, logo event pint glass when they finish the 5k. Take the ticket that is inside the glass to the taproom and fill it up with your favorite beer from the run. Time to enjoy yourself after the 5k!
If you have any questions, you can always check out our Facebook page HERE or email us anytime at info@InspiredRaceEvents.com